This striking triangular tower stands in Castlewood high on the slopes of Shooters Hill. It was erected in 1784, following the death of her husband, by Lady James in commemoration of his capture of the pirate fortress of Severndroog in India. From its turrets one can enjoy some of the finest views of London. There was a delightful tearoom there from 1921.
It has recently undergone immense restoration and is community run, with a new tearoom. They run events during the summer and it is open on selected days in the week. For full information visit their website.